Actress reveals that husband can marry more than one wife if he so wishes

Actress reveals that husband can marry more than one wife if he so wishes
Published: 2014 March 08 08:43:58 (19031 Views)
Yoruba actress, Foluke Daramola remarried last year  amid controversy after her first marriage to her ex-husband, Mr Sobowale crashed.

She was accused of being responsible for the sudden collapse of the marriage of a female pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Olubunmi, since she went on to marry the woman's husband, Kayode Salako.

But in an interview with Vanguard, Daramola, set the record straight.

You recently celebrated one year of your marriage, how has it been?

I can't just thank God enough for bringing my 'crown', Olukayode Ezekiel Salako to my life. He has made me a contented and complete woman. I feel the best I can feel in life, I am very delighted and happy for having one of the best men of our time as my hubby.

In one of your Blackberry posts, you said  people could not believe your marriage would last a year: why?

Yes. That was what I posted. The reason for that is simply because of the controversy that surrounded our marriage and another reason is the general belief  that celebrities, especially the ladies, don't sustain their marriages. So, our marriage lasting a year is a sign that  haters and critics got it all wrong about us and are shocked and surprised to see us growing stronger everyday.

What's the difference between this marriage and your previous one?

Firstly, I was very naive and immature in my  first marriage. I will say, I was desperate because many of my friends were getting married then and I thought marriage was the 'in-thing', so, I guess I didn't really know who and what I was going into.

But this one is based on spiritual conviction,true love, deep and mature understanding between two adults in love, ready to be together forever. We have both been married before and I guess that helped us to love and appreciate each other.

What do you love most about him?

What I love about my hubby most is his generosity,his heart and the fact that my husband is very clean in all he does.  My hubby doesn't do shady deals or things that would not dignify a responsible man, and Kayode has conscience in all he does. He's the definition of the kind of man I will love to have in my life again and again.

He's also a very intelligent and hard-working young man  and he's an expressionist. When you offend my hubby and he's upset with you, he just spills it out and that's it, he will even forget you guys ever had  issues in a matter of hours.

Though Kayode can  assert himself sometimes like most men do or tend to nag  but in all, I thank God because he's very kind-hearted and  a good man.

Our readers will want to know how you and Mr Salako met and got hooked?

We never started out as lovers. We are both activists, my platform is called AARA, Action Against Rape in Africa,and he runs Fasholamania platform and Change Agents of Nigeria, he was just starting Change Agents of Nigeria and he needed a popular face to identify with the platform and I was introduced to him by a casual friend of both of us that knew what we both do in activism. We met and we discovered we have a lot in common, and the rest is history.

There is, or was a general notion that he chased his wife away because of you?

It's not something I want to discuss, because my husband has told me sternly not to discuss his former marriage on the pages of newspapers. He's capable of marrying more than one wife if he so wishes, so, I don't see how or why he has to chase his wife out for me.

Besides, did he chase her or she left of her own volition? or then, should  I say the person my ex hubby is married to chased me out of my former home as well? Well, I decided to walk out of my former matrimonial home for personal reasons.

I don't know much about my hubby's ex wife's issue, he is in the best position to talk about that, though, sadists and people that are just out to look for people to join them in their misery will always want to drag my name in what's not my business and can never be my business.

My hubby is very capable of taking care of his personal business and he is doing that to the  best of my knowledge. He has a perfect relationship with his ex and his children and we have a wonderful relationship too,so people should just mind their business and leave us alone.

Are you going to have more children after your own two kids and your husband's children?

We are both not in a hurry, because we have five already; my hubby has three and I have two and they go to quite expensive schools. We are not under any competition for  kids, even if we are going to have kids, it's not an immediate plan,it will be later when we are both good and ready for  it. For now, our focus is to give the ones we have quality lives and expand our businesses and do our humanitarian works which we believe very much in. Furthermore, I have to further my education with a doctorate degree.

Source - 247NNU

You May Like These Videos

Comments

| Comment With Facebook Submit

There are no comments.

Gossip Big Reads

Bird Box finally unveils unknown monsters

by Metro | 2019 January 06 00:20:32 | 17115 Views

Man in critical condition after 'blowing himself up while trying to raid ATM'

by June Mpofu | 2018 December 11 19:39:39 | 24911 Views

Murder suspect pretending to be mute loses voice from underuse

by June Mpofu | 2018 December 11 19:39:46 | 20941 Views

Harrods accidentally sold £1,000 bags for less than £10

by June Mpofu | 2017 December 16 15:42:54 | 20744 Views

Rapper 'whips out' manhood on Instagram

by June Mpofu | 2017 October 31 08:36:03 | 24331 Views

Woman raped in the street as people walk past

by June Mpofu | 2017 October 27 22:04:42 | 23294 Views

Student who inhaled 360 laughing gas canisters in a week may never walk again

by June Mpofu | 2017 October 20 08:05:52 | 24452 Views

Poet tweets that she was raped by SA musician

by Hope Freedom | 2017 October 07 23:02:51 | 25235 Views

Dog bites off chunk of woman's face

by June Mpofu | 2017 September 23 09:04:56 | 23849 Views

Man jailed after tricking children into abusing young relatives

by Prince Cox | 2017 September 06 08:00:14 | 27136 Views

'I gave lift to a ghost' says taxi driver

by June Mpofu | 2017 September 04 18:39:39 | 38861 Views

Son 'stabbed mum to death and ate her heart with a side of chutney'

by June Mpofu | 2017 September 01 20:10:25 | 23801 Views

'Cannibal tired of eating human flesh' hands himself in

by June Mpofu | 2017 August 24 07:59:37 | 22042 Views

Man cut off pregnant girlfriend's nipples with a pair of scissors

by June Mpofu | 2017 August 20 10:24:38 | 25893 Views

Pregnant woman murdered in 'satanic ritual'

by June Mpofu | 2017 August 20 01:27:16 | 27088 Views

No diplomatic immunity for Grace Mugabe after 'splitting open model's head'

by Hope Freedom | 2017 August 15 08:30:38 | 30166 Views

8-year-old dies after cousin dares her to drink boiling water through straw

by June Mpofu | 2017 August 05 10:10:31 | 26603 Views

Girl, 14, was raped twice in one night by different men

by June Mpofu | 2017 July 29 17:06:36 | 25998 Views

Girl, 10, told she can't have abortion after being raped by uncle

by Hope Freedom | 2017 July 22 16:54:59 | 26489 Views

Obsessive woman chases police car helping boyfriend escape her

by June Mpofu | 2017 July 15 21:27:10 | 19792 Views

Man hijacked while peeing

by June Mpofu | 2017 July 08 10:46:55 | 29159 Views

Disabled woman tied to tractor and beaten to death by mob

by Hope Freedom | 2017 July 03 23:10:47 | 30568 Views

Man spends 5 years renovating boat, it sinks as soon as it goes on water

by June Mpofu | 2017 June 30 22:42:43 | 20133 Views

Woman paralysed after having sex

by June Mpofu | 2017 June 26 21:03:25 | 23432 Views

Woman cuts off boyfriend's privates 'after he refused to marry her'

by Prince Cox | 2017 June 24 20:36:31 | 27554 Views

Cancer patient charged with plotting to kill doctors

by June Mpofu | 2017 June 08 09:57:59 | 21348 Views

Former Premier League star dies after collapsing in training

by June Mpofu | 2017 June 05 18:08:44 | 27346 Views

Mugabe 'will decide who goes to heaven' says Zanu-PF youth leader

by June Mpofu | 2017 June 03 09:04:32 | 21466 Views

Daughter had sex with father to stop him from marrying fiancee

by June Mpofu | 2017 June 01 17:52:29 | 22954 Views

Man splits from wife who raped him as boy

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 31 11:53:24 | 25071 Views

Human head trial set to go ahead after delay

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 30 21:23:34 | 20901 Views

American girl, 11, forced to marry rapist

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 29 14:28:03 | 23244 Views

Fed up residents hold Mayor hostage

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 25 08:51:43 | 24180 Views

Homeless hero who pulled nails out of children's faces is given a home

by Prince Cox | 2017 May 24 20:11:55 | 25273 Views

Heartbroken wife dies after husband's mistress sent her indecent pictures

by Prince Cox | 2017 May 22 08:35:57 | 45777 Views

Father jailed after raping daughter for 20 years

by Hope Freedom | 2017 May 20 09:51:11 | 27273 Views

Driver miraculously unharmed after lorry completely crushes his BMW

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 20 09:59:37 | 20618 Views

Saddam Hussain arrested for pretending to be Osama Bin Laden

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 16 23:42:36 | 20159 Views

Student left with painful scars after tattoo removal goes wrong

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 15 20:45:37 | 24290 Views

Three people die of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 12 15:31:35 | 21168 Views

'Shoplifter' bleeds to death after falling on 'stolen' bottles

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 09 21:49:08 | 27321 Views

82 Chibok schoolgirls freed by Boko Haram

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 07 09:19:48 | 44891 Views

Woman arrested after biting love rival's privates

by June Mpofu | 2017 May 06 19:03:59 | 20506 Views